Expert Engineers in over 85 countries
Engineering expertise in specialist fields
Our work spans numerous countries and continents. We use our intimate knowledge of the oil
and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries to offer tailored
consultancy services to our clients across the globe.
- Development of national vegetable oil, fats industry.
- Palm Oil project.
- Market and technical study – glass production.
- Leather industry-tanning and shoe manufacture.
- Salt production and building materials.
- Brewery construction supervision.
- Plastic containers, cardboard.
- Expert witness on fertiliser plant.
- Production of metal extruded products, paper and board production.
- Rehabilitation of vegetable oil and soap factory.
- Detailed design of cotton ginnery.
- Audit of paper mill.
- Audit of NAFCON fertiliser production.
- Development of food processing industries.
- Development of wood processing industries.
- Incinerator for household and industrial wastes.
- Development of national iron and steel industry – planning studies.
- Development of national petroleum refining, petrochemical fertiliser industries.
- Fertiliserdistribution and marketing – national study.
- Ulphuric acid oleum, caustic soda, chlorine and hydrogen, caprolactam grade cyclohexane from crude benzole.
- Hydrodesulpherisation and catalyst trouble shooting.
- Safety assessments.
- Hazop analysis.
- Styrene monomer, pipeline, pumps, offloading and storage – detailed design and construction.
- Expert witness – Texaco oil refinery – Total St Fergus gas processing, Kenyan fertilisers.
- PVC, polyester products production, machine tools.
- Audit of fertiliser complex at J SC Achema.
- PVC emulsion polymerisation plant.-plant audit and design of upgrade modifications.
- Market and technical studies for aerosol packing and filling, and glass bottle manufacture.
- Techno economic study of micro propagation of seed potatoes.
- Tannery waste and environmental study.
- Rehabilitation of fluid catalytic cracking unit.
- Rehabilitation studies of vegetable oil factories.
- Cotton ginning and storage. Cotton seed processing.
- Utilisation of natural gas.
- Industrial trouble shooting on 26 projects in metallurgical and plastics
- Ammonia, urea and NPK complex., vitamin C manufacture.
- Offshore/onshore ammonia and urea complex – Kalimantan.
- Developments of integrated steel complex, Cilegon – Java.
- Propylene and polypropylene from refinery gases. Power generation for petrochemical complex – Palembang.
- Expansion and rehabilitation of marine salt production – Madura.
- Penicillin production plant. Chemical synthesis plant and downstream packaging of final dosage forms.
- Urea transportation.
- Urea production facility.
- Industrial Opportunity Survey.
- Hazop survey at fertiliser plant.
- Rehabilitation of national cotton ginning industry (10 complexes).
- Complex for the production of agrochemicals.
- Manufacture of VCM/PVC from Sebkha salt and ethylene.
- Salt production plant.
- Oil and gas field development including wellhead design, transmission
lines, gas treatment and NGL plants.
- Water storage tanks; detailed design.
- Inception of a large industrial park.
- Argon Gas Production.
- Project managers for vegetable oil refinery.
- Margarine and ice cream market survey.
- Paper packaging plant.
- Cosmetics factory – technical audit.
United Arab Emirates:
- Full market and technical studies of production of PVC fittings, perfume, gold jewellery and sparkling water.
USA & Canada
- Benchmarking study of gas processing plants and pipeline systems.
- Feasibility study for production of LNG in Arctic region.
Expert Witness Services Instructed By The World's Leading Firms
- G A B Robins
- Arnold, Davies, Cooper, London
- Berrymans Lace Mawer, London
- Bar & Karrer AG, Zurich
- Berwin Leighton Paisner, London
- Bird and Bird, London
- Blatchfords, London
- BP Collins, London
- Clifford Chance, Paris
- CMS Cameron McKenna, London
- Cobbetts, Birmingham
- DAC Beachcroft, London
- David Phillips and Partners, Essex
- Davies Arnold Cooper, London
- Davies Lavery, London.
- Deacons, Hong Kong
- Dentons, London
- Dickinson Dees, Newcastle
- DLA, Birmingham
- DWF, Manchester
- Freeth Cartwright, Manchester
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, Washington
- Gide Loyrette Nouel, Paris
- Greenwoods, London
- Halliwells, London and Manchester
- Holman Fenwick Willan, London and Qatar
- Howard Kennedy, London
- Kennedys, London, Bath and Birmingham
- Lalive, Geneva
- Mayer Brown International, London
- McNulty & Co, Basingstoke
- Mills & Reeve, Birmingham
- Norton Rose Fulbright, London
- Pinsent Masons, Glasgow and London
- Rawlinson Butler, Crawley
- Reid Minty, London
- RPC, London
- Sandersons, Hull
- Shadbolt & Co, Reigate
- Shoosmiths, Reading
- Simmons & Simmons, London & Dubai, UAE
- Smyth and Co, Hong Kong
- Stewarts Law, London
- Watson, Farley & Williams, Bangkok
- Wilmer, Cutler, Pickering and Dorr, London
- White and Case, London
History of Manderstam
Major Len H. Manderstam was born in Riga in Tsarist Russia, and after a colourful military career he he built up the multi-million pound oil and chemicals consultancy business Manderstam International Group.
He joined the Red Army as a teenager during the Revolution but became anti-Bolshevik. Thrown into the Lubianka, he escaped the firing squad by sheer luck.
After graduating from the University of Riga, he studied at Jena and the Sorbonne and then emigrated to South Africa, where he joined the giant General Mining company.
Recruited to Special Operations Executive (SOE), he went to Angola. There he arranged the capture of a Vichy ship, sabotaged U-Boat fuel supplies and destroyed Nazi sisal stores. Sent to Portugal and Spain, Manderstam’s Memoir he disrupted wolfram supplies to Germany. He was appointed head of SOE’s Russian section and led protests against the forcible repatriation of millions of Soviet prisoners.