Expert Witness Services in Process and Industrial Engineering
80 years experience in over 90 countries delivering expert witness and litigation services to the High Court and International Court of Arbitration.
- We are a “Boutique Expert Consultancy” with a top quality multidisciplinary engineering team that has been together for over 20 years – we are not an “expert supermarket”.
- We are practising engineers with extensive technical expertise from over 40 years’ experience in the process and industrial engineering sectors. Manderstam is a private company that was formed in 1941 and is now 80 years old.
- We have a top-quality reputation for producing incisive expert reports that has been gained in the last 20 years, with over 75 expert cases and giving oral evidence 29 times in Mediation, the UK High Court and International Arbitration.
- We have been instructed by most of the international and domestic law firms with excellent references.
- We have accreditation with the major expert witness registries such as the Expert Witness Institute (EWI), Expert Witness, JS Publications and the consultancy trade association, British Expertise.
Providing Scientific & Engineering Evidence Since 1941
Manderstam offer expert witness services, approved by the UK Law Society, with unparalleled oil, gas and petrochemicals expert witness expertise. All our experts are trained in giving legal evidence by Bond Solon. We also boast enormous engineering consultancy experience.
Expert Witness: Industry Specialisms
Unparalleled experience in the preparation and presentation of scientific and engineering evidence to the High Court and International Court of Arbitration.
Expert Witness Services Instructed By The World's Leading Law Firms
We have been instructed by most of the leading international and domestic law firms, with experience from well over 60 cases and the provision of oral evidence in over a third of these.
Click to view our Instructions by noted solicitors and insurers
- G A B Robins
- Arnold, Davies, Cooper, London
- Berrymans Lace Mawer, London
- Bar & Karrer AG, Zurich
- Berwin Leighton Paisner, London
- Bird and Bird, London
- Blatchfords, London
- BP Collins, London
- Clifford Chance, Paris
- CMS Cameron McKenna, London
- Cobbetts, Birmingham
- DAC Beachcroft, London
- David Phillips and Partners, Essex
- Davies Arnold Cooper, London
- Davies Lavery, London.
- Deacons, Hong Kong
- Dentons, London
- Dickinson Dees, Newcastle
- DLA, Birmingham
- DWF, Manchester
- Freeth Cartwright, Manchester
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, Washington
- Gide Loyrette Nouel, Paris
- Greenwoods, London
- Halliwells, London and Manchester
- Holman Fenwick Willan, London and Qatar
- Howard Kennedy, London
- Kennedys, London, Bath and Birmingham
- Lalive, Geneva
- Mayer Brown International, London
- McNulty & Co, Basingstoke
- Mills & Reeve, Birmingham
- Norton Rose Fulbright, London
- Pinsent Masons, Glasgow and London
- Rawlinson Butler, Crawley
- Reid Minty, London
- RPC, London
- Sandersons, Hull
- Shadbolt & Co, Reigate
- Shoosmiths, Reading
- Simmons & Simmons, London & Dubai, UAE
- Smyth and Co, Hong Kong
- Stewarts Law, London
- Watson, Farley & Williams, Bangkok
- Wilmer, Cutler, Pickering and Dorr, London
- White and Case, London
Consultant Engineer Services
Manderstam International Group are fully-independent, and offer internationally-acclaimed engineering consultancy including project management and benchmarking. Extensive client background including BP, Shell, Chevron and British Gas.
Thanks so much to both of you for all your efforts and hard work for us.
Thanks for all your hard work on the case over the last year. I was very impressed by your performance under cross examination and in the hot tubbing session. You got the tone absolutely spot-on in terms of explaining your position with authority whilst recognising your obligations to be a neutral expert. The client was also very impressed – which, after all, is the main thing!
A belated thank you for all your work over the past 18 months or so. It has been a pleasure to work with you on what has been a demanding case from a technical and forensic perspective and the clients were helped tremendously by your ability to ferret out inconsistencies in the documentation / photos. I hope you enjoyed the experience of giving evidence notwithstanding the attempted attacks on your credibility and independence. We and counsel felt that you did a very good job in the witness box and managed to deal effectively with all the attacks.
It has been great working with you and likewise hope we will have the chance to do so again in the future!
Thank you so much to you and all your team for all your hard work on your report. We think it is a very good piece of work.
The work done was to a high standard and the output met our requirements as well as the needs of our legal team.
A quick note of thanks for your guidance, expertise and patience with us throughout this process. You are a consummate professional and we sincerely appreciate all that you contributed to this effort.
“Dear Peter, Please see attached [...] decision in the [...] adjudication. He has unequivocally decided in Bilfinger’s favour and this is in no small part to the clarity of your report.
“Dear Mr Lumley, Many thanks for your report, which I have read through. It is immensely helpful and clearly set out. I appreciate that you do not have some of the key documents that you would normally expect to see but have still produced a very cogent narrative that accommodates the gaps in information.”
Worldwide Expert Witness Clients
Arbitration & Engineering Expertise across 90 countries
Our work spans numerous countries and continents. We use our intimate knowledge of the oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries (among others) to provide specialist expert witness legal guidance and consultancy. To see the interactive map please click on the map or visit the Global Experience page