Mineral & Extractive Metallurgy Expert Witness Services
Our industry experts have over 50 years of experience providing comprehensive metallurgy and mineral expertise, design and investigation services to companies across the globe.
Steel & Iron, Glass and Cement Industry Experts
We take a scientific, unbiased approach in all our investigations and recommendations, and have significant litigation experience at the International Court of Arbitration and High Court.
Our Mineral Resource, Metallurgy
& Cement Specialities:
- Cogging Mills
- Heavy, Medium and Light Section Mills
- Universal Mills
- Plate and Strip Mills – Hot and Cold
- Rod and Bar Mills
- Tube Mills
- Coal, magnesium/copper production
- Steel production including mini steel mills and foundries
- Ferro magnetic materials production
- Ore terminals
- Ore and pellet handling systems
- B.O.S. Plants
- Direct Reduction
- Coke Ovens
- Blast Furnaces
- Electric Arc Furnaces
- Continuous Casting
- Reheat Furnaces
- Finishing Processes
- Pollution Control
- Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Float glass and container (bottle) glass production.
- Glass tableware and ceramics.
- Quarrying of limestone,
gypsum, pumice and clay.
- Ordinary Portland cement production.
- Ceramics, sanitary ware and ceramic tiles.
- Building materials including brick manufacture, cement, metal and woodworking.
- PVC extrusion of pipes and pipe fittings.
Thanks for all your hard work on the case over the last year.
I was very impressed by your performance under cross examination and in the hot tubbing session. You got the tone absolutely spot-on in terms of explaining your position with authority whilst recognising your obligations to be a neutral expert.
Partner at Holman Fenwick Willan LLP,
I wanted to thank you again for all your help and all the time you put in preparing for the hearing. I know cross-examination isn’t fun, but on the whole I thought you went well and you stood your ground.– I have enjoyed working with you and learning just enough about LPG plants to be dangerous
Partner at Bird & Bird,
Thank you so much to you and all your team for all your hard work on your report. We think it is a very good piece of work.
Management at Saipem Contractors
France & Italy- October 2016
Thanks to everybody for the excellent work done before and during the last intense week.
Counsel at Pickering Hale & Dorr LLP
Washington DC - April 2015
Our Expert Witness Services Includes
Expertise In All Facets of Metallurgy, Cement & Mineral Resources
We've had a dedicated metallurgical division since 1974, developing significant expertise and experience with clients across the world.
Design, Development & Production Implementation
- Market and feasibility studies
- Preliminary engineering studies
- Engineering design and layout
- Tender documents and specifications
- Assistance with engineering contractor and equipment supplier selection / procurement
- Expediting and equipment inspection
- Construction supervision
- Co-ordination of plant construction, start-up and commissioning.
- Training of operatives
- Start-up and initial operation
Management & Supervision
- Design and Development
- Erection and Commissioning
- Maintenance Procedures
- Costing Systems
- Stores Systems
- Administration and Sales
- General Works
- Safety Procedures
Metallurgical & Mineral Studies and Reports
- Development and Diversification
- Viability Studies
- Rehabilitation and Modernisation of Steelworks Plant
- Process and Plant Optimisation
- Direct Reduction: known processes and foreseeable future
- Direct reduction versus blast furnace procedures
- Mini Mills – Reinforcing Rounds
- Mini Steelworks – Scrap and Electric Arc Furnaces
- Marketing and Sales
Significant experience in glass containers, tumblers and tableware production
We prepared the design and international tender documents to a 110 tonnes/day glass plant including conducting the contract negotiation with 4 short-listed contractors/suppliers.
Our considerable specialist marketing, economic and technical expertise in these industries has enabled us to successfully carry out market surveys, feasibility studies, specifications and project implementation across more than 50 years.
We have worldwide experience, particularly in Africa and the Middle East, with in-depth knowledge of the emerging demands for glass products in Europe and world glass markets.
Metallurgical Clients Worldwide
Iron, steel and mineral resource experts